I really like analysing websites. So i've decided to compare the websites of the FTSE 100 companies.
I've generated a csv with a list of the FTSE 100 companies (as of May 2019) and their web address and am going to create a program to compare their websites and output the results.
I realise that the FTSE companies are often just group entities that comprise of the smaller businesses people generally know and interact with. I'm wanting to compare the FTSE company websites.
The kind of thing i'm interested in.
- What do all the homepages look like side by side
- % of sites that are https by default
- Page title, value and length
- Heading structure including number /wording of h1, h2s, h3s
- Meta Descriptions
- Open Graph usage
- Structured Data usage
- Keyword Density
- Mobile Readiness
- Page size, page length
- Broken links, number of links
- Web Accessibility
And perhaps generate some data visualizations. Watch out for the first analysis.