I love being a developer and all it entails. Over the years it has provided me with a canvas on which to bring my ideas to life.
To non developers, we can appear to wield magical unfathomable abilities.
I love being able to do things like (in a few lines of code)..
- Scrape a list of all 6000+ stocks/companies and their 'symbols' trading on the LSE (London Stock Exchange)
- Download the historic share price information for each company in csv format
- Process the csv and save all the data into a database
- Produce charts based on that data
- Continue to regularly download daily or close to realtime share prices
It's such an exciting time to be alive.